The G7 Energy Ministers will meet on 9-10 April in Rome.
The main purpose of the meeting is to follow up on the progress on energy security since the launch of the “Rome Energy Initiative for Energy Security” in 2014.
The main topics of the meeting will be:
- • Energy security
- • Energy security, natural gas and GNL global market
- • Making energy markets more flexible and resilient, especially liquefied natural gas (LNG) markets;
- • Cybersecurity
- • Ukraine’s support
- • Electricity and renewables sources integration
- • Energy efficiency
- • New energy drivers
- • Energy related employment in energy transition
- • Research and innovation in cleantech & Mission
- • Decarbonisation
- • Inefficient fossil fuel subsidies
- • Alternative fuels and decarbonisation of transport
- • Global issues
- • Energy access in Africa and related investment
Ahead of the Ministerial meeting, there will be a side event on "Africa 2030: Empowering the continent through innovation, green tech solutions and capacity building" on April 9 in Rome. The focus will be on accelerating the deployment of innovative sustainable energy solutions in Africa.